Monday, May 7, 2012

Inspiration

It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I consider the Harry Potter series one of the greatest reads I have ever come across. As such, I am forever thankful to being bored one day and deciding to stroll through the children's section in the library only to find the first book in the series. Needless to say, school assignments were placed aside and I spend every minute I could to go through this first of seven installments.

Now, following on a previous post by A., I decided to add my own take on inspiration and where to find it and am including a video of a commencement speech offered by J.K. Rowling. Truth be told, I often search for commencement speeches by people I know of to see if they have anything of value to offer. Of course, the purpose of commencement speeches is to provide graduates with pearls of wisdom and wish them well on a journey to the new frontiers of real life. Many times, however, those addressing the graduating class follow a familiar train of thought and repeat trivial statements about going out in the world and making a difference. Nothing wrong with that, but it is certainly refreshing to hear a different perspective.

                           

- Krasi



No comments:

Post a Comment