Friday, October 28, 2011

No Apple A Day For Me

Oops! It has been a while hasn't it? Sorry folks. Moving to another state and starting school will do that to you. Obviously Krasi has been adjusting better than I as she has posted. (Thanks for making me look bad Krasi, booooo).

Don't worry friends, I may have been absent from the blog but I didn't give up on my fair trade, ethical consumerism, making people feel bad if they buy Apple products self ;). In fact, my Apple dislike has grown. Every time I hear someone waxing philosophical about Apple my eyes glaze over and I think 'real original'. I think my dislike of Apple is 70% their lack of ethics and 30% I hate to participate in mass trends. Maybe that can translate into a Halloween costume. I can see it now: a wolf in Apple clothing.

Anyhow, exciting news: there is an Amnesty International group in Raleigh! Wahoo! It took me a while to find them (no online presence...why is that?!) but I'm so glad I won't have to start one. I already have too much going on.

I'll also be attending the AI Southern regional conference in Charlotte Nov. 4-6.


Can't wait to meet fellow activists in NC! I'm sure they're super nice, ethical, and Apple unenthusiasts as well. I'll forgive 'em even if they aren't...there's always time to bring them over to my side ;)
Anyone have exciting plans this weekend? For Halloween?

Have a great weekend everyone!

- A

1 comment:

  1. If I remember correctly, you were the one to call me two or three weeks ago to politely remind me I have neglected the blog:) I am just really good at following orders haha!

    As far as Halloween is concerned, I am going to a haunted house tonight...It is not looking good to me and I don't know how people convince me to do this.

    ReplyDelete