Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pre Election Thoughts

I'm nervous y'all.

I'm nervous that this election is going to divide this country permanently.

I'm anxious that people are going to vote based on a single issue rather than a holistic view.

I'm sad at the thought of having to deal with the frustration and disappointment on both sides after the results are in.

Most of all, I'm sad that we can't seem to have a civil discussion with each other on a national platform.

Yet I will vote because it is my civic duty {and because I want the sticker}! Maybe I'll bring chocolate or cookies to hand out while I'm waiting in lines. No better way to cross party lines ;-)



What about you all? Is anyone attending an election party? Watching the news coverage on Tuesday night with bated breath?

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment