Thursday, July 14, 2011

Changes Part Deux


Following up on a previous post by A. (Changes), I think it’s about time that I share my upcoming move details. Yes, H-town is about to lose both of us and that’s just sad. Not for us, though! 

If you haven’t guessed it yet, I am a little bit interested in human rights and specifically the fight against the trafficking in persons. I now believe I have found the perfect location to allow me to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to become an expert in that field and to join actively the fight against human trafficking. In addition, I will have unlimited access to natural areas where hiking and climbing can occur every weekend if I’d like. That location is University of Denver and specifically, the Josef Korbel School of International Studies. The Human Trafficking Clinic and the Alpine Club are calling my name and I just couldn’t say no!

Needless to say, I am super thrilled about the upcoming changes in location and field. There is anxiety, of course, but I am mostly excited about the move. The twenty-some-hour drive will be quite the experience, especially since I am completing it all by myself, but I am going to plan several scenic rest stops so shouldn’t be that bad, right? Right??? 

Now here's something to be jealous about:): Rocky Mountain National Park

 - Krasi

No comments:

Post a Comment