- Male sexuality is celebrated but for women can lead to labels like 'slut'
- Common terms are masculine aka male-as-norm, e.g. God is a 'he', when referring to both genders, he is put first (he/she), 'man up'
- Social acceptability of toughness and anger in men but not women
- Men become distinguished as they get older; women lose beauty and are undesirable
- Women are still paid less than men
- Women are still objectified for their beauty and bodies
- Ridicule men receive from other men when they act 'feminine' (i.e. show feelings)
- Routine inclusion of violence against women in TV and film
Feminist Majority Foundation
What do you folks think? Patriarchy? Do you feel it's insidious?